EQUINE SPORTS MASSAGE
Equine massage therapy is a treatment approach which is growing in demand and popularity. It was once considered an alternative or fringe approach, but it is now becoming much more main stream. This form of therapy involves hands on techniques to increase circulation, relieve tension, reduce stress and promote relaxation through the entire body, as well as many other benefits. If the horse is tense and in need of a release, or they have been injured and have extensive muscle damage, massage therapy may be worth exploring.
About 60% of the horse is made up of muscle and whilst horses have adapted over time to carry the weight of a rider on their backs, they can become tired and worn out and their muscles can become sore. As horse owners, it is us who have the responsibility providing care, so they can perform their daily tasks and activities as comfortably as possible.
Massage Therapy can help with the following:
- Maintain healthy muscles
- Relieve muscle tension and spasms
- Improve localised circulation, bringing more nutrients and oxygen to the muscles.
- Remove toxin build up in the muscles including lactic acid.
- Enhance muscle tone and prevent muscle wastage.
- Reduce stress and improve temperament.
- Reduce pain.
- Improve range of movement and flexibility.
- Strengthen the body's immune system possibly making the horse less susceptible to illness and disease.
- Injury rehabilitation.
North Berkshire, South Oxfordshire, South Buckinghamshire
£50.00 per session for one horse
£45.00 per session for two or more horses at the same yard
The first 15 miles (from RG9 5JF) is included in the price above after that mileage will be charged at an additional 45p per mile (please bear in mind this cost needs to cover the return journey)
To discuss your requirements or to make a booking please use the following contact details: