As the best-known type of bodywork performed today, one of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body. This is accomplished by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. But Swedish massage therapy goes beyond relaxation. Swedish massage is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
Swedish massage is all about tailoring the massage to the individual’s needs. It helps not just with physical symptoms or ailments but can also help to restore balance within the body enhancing physical, emotional and mental well-being. There is no set routine as the massage is changed and adapted to fit the specific requires on the day of your massage, catering for what you want and need.
Swedish Massage can have the following benefits:
- Reduces tension from the muscles
- Improves circulation
- Assists with the removal of toxins and waste products
- Aiding the function of the digestive system
- Improves muscle tone
- Improves skin tone
- Relief from symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Relaxes and soothes the mind
- Improves sleep
- Increases mobility and flexibility
- Strengthens the immune system
- Aids in the removal of dead skin cells
- Improves energy levels