SPORTS AND REMEDIAL MASSAGE
Sports and remedial Massage therapy is the use of massage for the prevention and treatment of soft tissue injuries. It covers the management, manipulation and
rehabilitation of the soft tissues of the body e.g. muscles, ligaments, tendons
and fascia. Sports massage uses soft tissue techniques to help speed up your body’s natural healing
process, reduce discomfort and improve mobility for both acute and chronic injuries.
Sports and remedial massage has many health and well being benefits to offer, and not just to those taking part in sporting activities. Many people experience minor aches and pains as a result of their work or hobbies, from painting and decorating, to gardening and fishing. Sports and remedial massage, alongside conventional medical care, can be an excellent way to help address these day to day challenges. It can also be any effective form of preventative health care.
Sports Massage is not just for athletes, anyone can benefit from
- Office workers who often suffer from long periods of immobility spent sat at a desk
- Anybody wishing to guard against or recover from a soft tissue injury
- Those who participate in sport and fitness for enjoyment and exercise.
- People with physically demanding jobs
- The serious athlete
- Anybody who suffers with muscular aches and pains or postural problems.
Sports and Remedial Massage can have the following benefits:
- Speeds up the healing of damaged tissues and muscles.
- Muscles fatigue will be eliminated more rapidly
- Improves and helps maintains range of movement and muscle flexibility
- Reduced muscle spasms and metabolic build-up that occur with exercise.
- Reduces recovery time and enables the muscles to function at their maximum after recovery
- Improves localised blood circulation.
- Assists with the removal of toxins and waste products.
- Muscles will be more supple
- Breaks down adhesion's and helps promote healthy scar tissue
- Maintains your muscles in
the best possible state of flexibility, and vitality